After the exciting and exhausting events on LC-247b, it is time for some R & R !
Every year, the famous shipping magnate Archibald Laurow invites the new recruits at SevCol Academy for their spring break. The cadets are flown to the Big Rock Candy Mountain Hotel, Laurow’s five star luxury resort on de Martian moon Deimos. Here, they will spend a week resting, recuperating, relaxing, and recreating. The trip is quite popular with the Academy’s students; not only because the resort is known for its extreme decadence and debauchery, but also because the trip is a good way to land a job on a Laurow Lines ship after graduation.
Interested midshipmen should report at the MUSS Archibald Laurow, currently docked at SevCol Station. Upon demonstrating their status as student, they will be allowed free boarding for the ship’s trip to Deimos. The ship has limited capacity, but there will not be that many other passengers, as it is currently off-season. Tickets for the Earth System – Deimos route are extremely cheap during early spring, indicating a low demand for this passage.
November 7th, from 12.00 – 22.00.
De Drakenkelder, De Hems 10, University of Twente Campus, Enschede
What will it cost ?
15 Euro, including an evening meal. Members of Fanaat and Pro Deo receive a 2 euro discount, Union Card holders receive a 1 euro discount. Drinks and small snacks will be made available with bar cards (tabkaarten), that you can purchase at the activity or with your registration fee.
How to participate ?
- Complete the Registration Form
- Transfer your participation fee to account NL28RABO0191836451, Stichting Fabel, Enschede. Be sure that you mention your name, SevCol R & R, and your Union Card/Fanaat/ProDeo membership if appropriate. You can request a bar card by adding 5, 10 or 20 euros to the transfer of your participation fee, and add “TAB <amount>” to the description.
- If you registered as a Player (PC), please make sure your character has a SevBook account. If you will be playing a new character, you will have to create a new account for that character. Of course, if you will be playing an existing character, this is not neccesary.
- Optional: join our Facebook Event.
What is the difference between Player, Wild Card, Bridge Crew, Marine, an Passenger ?
When registering, you have to answer two questions.
Firstly, you will have to decide between Player and Wild Card. When you choose Player, you will have to create a character yourself, or use a character you have played before. When you choose Wild Card, the game masters will create a character for you.
Secondly, you will have to decide what kind of character you would like to play. This is important for players as well as for wild cards; when we create a wild card, we will take player’s preferences into account. On this event, you have the following choices:
- Midshipman. This choice is for characters that are currently studying at SevCol Academy. Yes … that includes characters that were Bridge Crew or Marine at the previous event ! Choosing this option means your recruit character is taking the spring break holiday offered by Laurow Lines. Don’t worry … although this trip is pure R & R, you will have some opportunity to use your crew skills.
- Tourist. This choice is for characters that are not studying at SevCol Academy, but still want to have a nice holiday. Of course, any character can be a tourist, as long as the character is able to pay for his/her travels in some way.
- Laurow Lines Crew. The MUSS Archibald Laurow obviously has a crew, controlling the space ship and its various systems. If you want to play a character that is part of this crew, select this option. For Wild Cards, this is the option that will let you play a bridge crew character.
- Laurow Lines Staff. Apart from the crew, the ship also has staff, ensuring a pleasant flight for the passengers. Select this option if you would like to play a purser, stewardess, bartender, travel guide, or other hospitality character.
Any questions, comments, or remarks can be made in the comment section below, or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.