The latest news from the Solar System. In this issue:
- from our Mars correspondent – Hello Brave New World
- UAC sponsored message – UAC Recruitment – Kordoss
- from our entertainment correspondent – TERRAFILMS: Rosalie Falk’s last movie to be released this year
Researchers have finally been able to create an artificial intelligence capable of matching a human in programming skills.
Previous attempts at automating the process of programming computer software have always been unable to capture the creativity typical to humans.
The eccentric AI researchers Alphonse Reindaal and Edgar Dijkstra explained their reasoning: “After several nights of particularly heavy drinking, we realized that the typical human coding progress is fundamentally flawed. However, these flaws might be what makes humans so effective at solving complex problems.” The researchers proceeded by adding virtual ‘Monday mornings’, ‘coffee breaks’ and ‘binge drinking sessions’ to their neural network simulation of computer programming.
The effect was astounding: Initial tests showed that the program was capable of finding novel solutions, way beyond what could be inferred from the model input.
What can UAC offer YOU?
- Fixed hours. No more long gruelling days at UAC! We have fixed work schedules that optimize your happiness and efficiency
- Fixed pay. A bad haul won’t make you go hungry at night with a job at UAC. Our competitive salaries and worker-support plan guarantee a roof over your head and three meals a day.
- Healthcare. The UAC HealthyHappy plan will make sure your health will never be better! A healthy worker is a happy worker, and a happy worker is a productive worker. We care about you!
- Education. Don’t want to dig rocks all day? UAC is always on the lookout for smart, capable people willing to learn and improve themselves, inquire about our education programs today.
- Safety. Your safety is our concern. Our highly trained security staff will make sure nothing happens to you or your family. UAC compounds and mining zones are 100% secure from chaos and riots
- Long term certainty. Our contracts ensure job security for you and your entire family.
Are you a miner, technician, engineer or simply interested in the opportunities UAC presents on Kordoss? Don’t wait, contact our recruiters today!
Since the news of the death of famous and beloved actress Rosalie Falk broke earlier this month, fans of her trademark movie series Fire and Fury have been in deep mourning. The death of the earth-born actress aboard a starship has been fraught with rumors of drugs use and suicide, though none of the rumors have been substantiated as of yet.
Fans of her films will be pleased to hear that Miss Falk will posthumously star as Mira Indra in the latest, and final, instalment of Fire and Fury, In the Heart of Fury. During an interview with the director, Mitchell Curtez, he told Terrafilms:
“While we regret the loss of an amazing actress and friend to us all, we believe Rosalie would have wanted us to release her last masterpiece. We have most of the footage we needed, and using advanced holographics we can use the existing recordings to fill in any extra footage.”
He continued: “The classical story of Fire and Fury has struck a chord in all of us, and we owe it to Rosalie, and to her character Mira Indra to finish this film in her name. The series deserves a fitting end, and we have no intention of continuing the story with a different leading lady.”
Curtez refused to confirm rumors that a prequel to Fire and Fury, starring a young Mira, is being written.