Dear crewmembers, ship security, specialists and passengers,
SevCol is proud to present its third role-play event of 2017: SevCol 9: An Assembler Darkly. Just like last times we will be organizing a multi-day game! We will be playing both on Saturday and Sunday, with a pause for sleeping and breakfast in between.
The coming event will be held at the ‘Performance Factory’ in Enschede (Projectbureau). Please note that we absolutely require 25 paid registrations by October 15th , as well as at least 5 people to help on the Friday before the event with the preparations, for the event to proceed.
The Luna Crisis seems to be under control, for now. An interim government is slowly forming, with the promise of elections in the near future. With the Celestra now available for employment, several potential employers have presented themselves covertly. Amongst them, the Earth Intelligence Agency INTEL, and SevCol. Both groups express interest in gathering information on the Jovian Moons.
Two months after leaving Luna, the crew gathers on SevCol station to figure out their next move.
We felt the need to create a more structured and defined ruleset, which is why we have created a new rulebook. This is a work in progress and is open to revision, which is why we invite all of you to comment on the new rulebook. A link can be found on the website. We fully intend to use this rule the following event, which will mean a short check-in before the event, so please be on time.
Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th November. The event will start at 12.00 sharp, you are welcome to arrive (and maybe help out) starting from 10.00am. The event will end around 18.00pm on sunday. Anyone is also welcome to help out with preparations on Friday the 3rd.
“Performance Factory”, Hoge Bothofstraat 31-49, Eschede
What will it cost?
Standard price: 45 Euro, Wildcards: 40 euro, Organisation: 30 euro.
This Includes an evening meal on Saturday and a breakfast on Sunday. You receive a 5 euro discount if you help out preparing the event on Friday, please let us know if you want to help! We can arrange free sleeping spots, if needed.
Members of Fanaat or Pro Deo receive a 3 euro discount, Union Card holders receive a 2 euro discount, additively. Drinks and small snacks will be made available with bar cards (tabkaarten) which you can purchase at the event.
Note: When registering and/or paying after Sunday October 15th, the price will increase by 10 euro!
How to participate?
- Complete the Registration Form:
(N.B.: The registration closes on June 24th)
- Transfer your participation fee to account NL28RABO0191836451, Stichting Fabel, Enschede.
Be sure that you mention:
- Your name,
- SevCol 9,
- If appropriate: Wildcard/Organisation
- if appropriate: Your Union Card/Fanaat/ProDeo membership.
You can request a tab kaart (bar card) by adding 5, 10 or 20 euros to the transfer of your participation fee, and add “TAB <amount>” to the description.
- If you registered as a Player (PC), please make sure your character has a SevBook account. If you will be playing a new character, you will have to create a new account for that character. Of course, if you will be playing an existing character, this is not necessary.
- Optional (but highly desired): join our Facebook Event.
What is the difference between the various registration options?
When registering, you will have to decide between Player and Wild Card. When you choose Player, you will have to create a character yourself, or use a character you have played before. When you choose Wild Card, the game masters will create a character for you. You can subscribe as organisation if you have been asked to help out during the event with organizing things. You might play short NPC roles when you subscribe as organisation.
Next you will have to decide what kind of character you would like to play. This is important for players as well as for wild cards; when we create a wild card, we will take player’s preferences into account. You can choose up to two roles for your character:
- Engineer: Your main task is fixing the ship and tinkering with the ship’s systems or other tech.
- Medical: The ship’s doctor, psychologist or surgeon, assisting the Celestra’s crew
- Scientific: A specialist scientist of any kind, being biology, chemistry, physics, computer sciences, language, etc.
- Ship security: This choice is for characters who are working as Phalanx security personnel at the SCSS Celestra, or who want to become a security officer.
- Civilian: You can come along on the mission as a civilian passenger. This means you will not have to work on the ship unless you want to, and will have to pay for your boarding, or have someone else who has a reason to pay for you. Your character should have a reason to come along.
Anyone of the ship’s crew or even passengers can man the bridge stations when the need arises, though we advise at least an in-game training to learn how to work the consoles.
Any questions, comments, or remarks can be made in the comment section on Facebook, or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SevCol Game Masters team.