Dear crewmembers, ship security, specialists and passengers,
SevCol is proud to present its second role-play event of 2017: SevCol 8: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
Just like last times we will be organizing a multi-day game! We will be playing both on Saturday and Sunday, with a pause for sleeping and breakfast in between.
The coming event will be held at the ‘Drakenkelder’ at the campus of the University of Twente. We’ve lowered our admission price because of this. Wildcards/NPCs will still receive a discount on the participation fee!
Recent events on Luna have escalated. Luna’s Leader, Tony Branson, is dead. After a devastating explosion in Tony Branson’s chambers aboard Luna Prime, the station was critically damaged and eventually imploded. In this power vacuum, several factions have risen to seize control of the colony. Now the DeFans of Luna and Red Moon Faction are struggling against each other, while the Endeavour Corporate Security Force is seeking to defend their valuable corporate assets on the moon. However, the civilians on Luna are caught in between the fires.
In the opening day, the crew of the SCSS Celestra played a pivotal role in the rescue of civilians in the wake of the explosion, fought off pirates and attempted to liberate critical facilities to aid the suffering people of Luna, for the greater good.
The Celestra is currently docked at the Greentree oxygen plant, held by the Red Moon Faction. The last few days were spent repairing systems, healing injuries and grieving lost friends and comrades. Now the repairs are nearly done and the wounds are stitched, where possible. Now is a time to choose the fate of Luna, and of the seven colonies
Please take note: we supplemented the rules about character creation: we provided several requirements regarding skills, certifications and specialisations for your character, to make it easier to create a character or to expand on your current character. Therefore, we ask on the subscription form for this event which role your character has and which certifications you have, or think you should have, regarding your background. You can always choose to forego any specialisation of course, but if you think you could or should have more than one role on the Celestra, you’ll find that you now have some guidelines to create this character path more easily.
The changes can be found on the site in character: skills (link: http://sevcol.nl/handbook/character/skills/).
Additionally, the rules about taking hits and the possibility of body armor will also be supplemented to provide more clarity and several options to make combat more survivable for characters playing security forces.
These supplements to the rules will be announced on Facebook and appear on the website when they are finished. If you have any questions or difficulty in using these new rules to define your character, please contact the game masters.
Saturday July 1st and Sunday July 2nd (The deadline to sign up is June 24th)
“Drakenkelder”, Bastille, De Hems 10, Enschede.
What will it cost?
Standard price: 35 Euro, Wildcards: 30 euro, Organisation: 25 euro.
This Includes an evening meal on Saturday and a breakfast on Sunday. We can arrange (free) sleeping spots, if needed.
Members of Fanaat and Pro Deo receive a 3 euro discount, Union Card holders receive a 2 euro discount. Drinks and small snacks will be made available with bar cards (tabkaarten) which you can purchase at the event.
Note: When registering and/or paying after June 10th, the price will increase with 5 euro!
How to participate?
- Complete the Registration Form(N.B.: The registration closes on June 24th)
- Transfer your participation fee to account NL28RABO0191836451, Stichting Fabel, Enschede.
Be sure that you mention:
– Your name,
– SevCol 8,
– If appropriate: Wildcard/Organisation
– if appropriate: Your Union Card/Fanaat/ProDeo membership.
You can request a tab kaart (bar card) by adding 5, 10 or 20 euros to the transfer of your participation fee, and add “TAB <amount>” to the description.
- If you registered as a Player (PC), please make sure your character has a SevBook account. If you will be playing a new character, you will have to create a new account for that character. Of course, if you will be playing an existing character, this is not necessary.
- Optional: join our Facebook Event.
What is the difference between the various registration options?
When registering, you will have to decide between Player and Wild Card. When you choose Player, you will have to create a character yourself, or use a character you have played before. When you choose Wild Card, the game masters will create a character for you. You can subscribe as organisation if you have been asked to help out during the event with organizing things. You might play short NPC roles when you subscribe as organisation.
Next you will have to decide what kind of character you would like to play. This is important for players as well as for wild cards; when we create a wild card, we will take player’s preferences into account. You can choose up to two roles for your character:
- Engineer: Your main task is fixing the ship and tinkering with the ship’s systems or other tech.
- Medical: The ship’s doctor, psychologist or surgeon, assisting the Celestra’s crew
- Scientific: A specialist scientist of any kind, being biology, chemistry, physics, computer sciences, language, etc.
- Ship security: This choice is for characters who are working as Phalanx security personnel at the SCSS Celestra, or who want to become a security officer.
- Civilian: You can come along on the mission as a civilian passenger. This means you will not have to work on the ship unless you want to, and will have to pay for your boarding, or have someone else who has a reason to pay for you. Your character should have a reason to come along.
Anyone of the ship’s crew or even passengers can man the bridge stations when the need arises, though we advise at least an in-game training to learn how to work the consoles.
Any questions, comments, or remarks can be made in the comment section on Facebook, or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SevCol Game Masters team.