The purposes of the Seven Colonies are:
- To maintain interplanetary peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about adjustment or settlement of interplanetary disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;
- To achieve interplanetary co-operation in solving interplanetary problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character; and
- To be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations in the attainment of these common ends.
The Organization and its Members, in pursuit of the Purposes stated in Article 1, shall act in accordance with the following Principles.
- The Organization is based on the principle of the sovereign equality of all its Members.
- All Members, in order to ensure to all of them the rights and benefits resulting from membership, must fulfill the obligations assumed by them in accordance with the present Charter.
- All Members shall give SevCol every assistance in any action it takes in accordance with the present Charter, and shall refrain from giving assistance to any state against which SevCol is taking preventive or enforcement action.
- The Organization shall ensure that states which are not Members of SevCol act in accordance with these Principles
- The General Assembly shall consist of all the Members of SevCol.
- Each Member shall have not more than five representatives in the General Assembly.
- Each member of the General Assembly shall have one vote.
- Decisions of the General Assembly on important questions shall be made by a two-thirds majority of the members present and voting.
- The General Assembly may consider the general principles of co-operation in the maintenance of interplanetary peace and security, including the principles governing disarmament and the regulation of armaments, and may make mandate with regard to such principles to the Members.
- The General Assembly may discuss any questions relating to the maintenance of interplanetery peace and security brought before it by any Member of SevCol, or by a state which is not a Member, may make recommendations or mandate with regard to any such questions to the state or states concerned.
- SevCol, or persons and organisations empowered by SevCol, may in times of crisis or war or to avert impending crisis impress goods and assets both civilian and belonging to organisations of member nations.
- Should, after resolution of the current crisis or the passing thereof, impressing be deemed unnessecary by an investigative organ to be designated by SevCol, the impresser will be liable under the full extent of intergalactic law.
- In the interest of regulating and controlling travel to create a safe environment for all, the SevCol admiralty shall have final aproval over the training and graduation of all commissioned non-military crews serving on spacefaring vessels belonging to member nations.
- To show basic competence, all commisioned non-military crews must pass final exams, individually or as a group, under the supervision of SevCol personel as they see fit.
- SevCol maintain sole and untransferable control and responsibility of each and every Gravitational Transfer Gate, also known as a Jumpgate, and their proper function and all responsibility and proceeds that arise thereof and therefrom.
- The General Assembly may empower an internal commission or organ to oversee the execution of subsection 1
- To empower and enable the listed in subsection 1, the General Assembly has seen fit to establish SevColControl to enforce the rights and restriction listed in Article 53.
- Any vessel using the Jumpgate network must comply by the following regulations:
– Employ an active, functional transponder complying to regulations set by SevColComm.
– Payment of transit charges must be done via the transiting vessel’s registrar.
– Be at all times under control of the registered captain, or his/her listed second in command or a certified pilot or certified helmsman appointed by a registered person.
- Any vessel using the JumpGate network is forbidden from taking the following actions:
– Be in violation of any law or regulation in the region where the vessel begins transit.
– Be in violation of any law or regulation in the region where the vessel emerges from transit.
– Be in violation of any deep space law of regulation set by the General Assembly or its subsidiaries.
– Create, or cause to be created, energy discharges as such that may damage the Gate or a component thereof.
– Prevent access to any vessel to the Gate by any means unless duly empowered by SevColControl